Looking for the Best Restaurants in Central London? Here Is the List!
Eating in London is fascinating. If you are staying in this city for a few times or you are a tourist, you will get a bit bored with the dull weather in this city. In these moments, foods can bring excitement and fun to your life.
If you are a foodie, you will enjoy visiting restaurants, cafes, bistros, and pubs for excellent cuisine. If you are not, still you will fall in love with the authentic British cuisine of Central London.
What is so special about Central London? It is the restaurants and eateries that provide a memorable dining experience to their visitors.
What do you mean by fine dining? It is not always about food but also about the ambiance of the restaurants, the warmth of the chefs, also about the staff of the eating joints, the hygiene that they maintain, and the presentation of the food.
If it is a lavish five-star restaurant, you will get all this sophistication; the roadside cafés and bistros will welcome you warmly and offer such delicious foods that are enough to surprise you.
So if you are on a trip to Central London and are looking for the best restaurants to have the best food, here is the list to follow. Read on to know more.
When talking about the restaurants in Central London, this is the first name that will undoubtedly come to everyone’s mind. This spot is exquisite and sophisticated, where you can arrange a romantic date or hang out with friends.
Once you are here, you can enjoy your food with the best wines in London. You can get the best European dishes with a modern touch, and once you are here, you should not miss their signature bacon scones at all.
- Address: 16 Henrietta St., Covent Garden, London WC2E 8QH, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Covent Garden (3-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: The National Gallery, The National Portrait Gallery, Trafalgar Square
Though during the ’60s, this restaurant was known for its kinkiness. Today it has changed entirely and known for a family place that offers an exceptional dining experience.
If you are a vegan and looking for an overall vegetarian food in Central London, Mildred’s will be your perfect destination.
While the informal and lively atmosphere will make you relax after a tiring day, it is their exquisite menu card that will also spoil you on options which to choose.
According to the experienced people, you should try gyoza dumplings, tender-stem broccoli, sweet potato coconut curry, etc. along with clementine cake as dessert.
- Address: 45 Lexington St., Soho, London W1F 9AN, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.), Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Beak Street (4-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: the London Eye, Tower of London, SEA Life Center London Aquarium
While you are in London, it is quite evident that you will taste authentic British cuisine. But a real foodie is always looking for something different and new.
How about eating Spanish Asador cooking in the heart of London? Yes, you can have that if you visit the outstanding Spanish restaurant Sabor.
While Spanish food is the unique feature of this restaurant, it is the warm hospitality that you will always remember most once you visit this restaurant.
The menu consists of extraordinary food items, like payoyo croquetas, deepwater mussels, braised oxtail, and queen scallop, etc. along with celery and mint sorbet, honey, and saffron ice cream as dessert.
- Address: 35-37 Heddon St., Mayfair, London W1B 4BR, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.); Sunday (12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Piccadilly Circus (5-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Trafalgar Square, The National Gallery, Buckingham Palace
According to lots of people, Ormer is considered the second-best restaurant in London that provides an excellent dining experience to its visitors.
Based on entirely British flair, this restaurant will give you the vibe of traditional British dining and food style.
Ormer the ultimate destination for those who look for innovative food items, extraordinary presentation, and beautiful ambiance along with hearty foods. Once you are here, you can try the fresh crab, oyster, lobster, scallops, etc.
From the eclectic menu of Ormer, you can choose beef tartare, slow-cooked hen’s egg, jersey lobster, and so on.
- Address: Flemings Mayfair, 7-12 Half Moon St., London W1J 7BH, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday (6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.), Tuesday to Thursday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.), Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:0030 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Green Park (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace
#5. Bocca di Lupo
Are you fond of Italian cuisine? Do pizzas and pasta allure you the most? Then you can head toward this outstanding Italian restaurant once you are in London. This Italian restaurant in Central London is the best place where you can find a little Italy inside.
From the traditional and authentic Italian food to the tasteful Italian interior—everything will catch your attention as soon as you enter here. The list of must-try includes Galician sea urchins, buffalo mozzarella bocconcini, abbacchio lamb chop, etc.
- Address: 12 Archer St., Soho, London W1D 7BB, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Trocadero Haymarket (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Piccadilly Circus, Royal Academy of Arts, St. Martin-in-the-Field
#6. Thai Square
The name of the restaurant suggests the type of cuisine available here. If you are allured by the aroma of Thai cooking and want to have that amid London, the city won’t disappoint you as you will find this fantastic Thai restaurant in Trafalgar Square.
What can you try here? If you start with spicy prawn cracker or chicken satay, you can take unique salads, like lab gai or som tum, with it. For the main course, you can try royal green curry, black cod with sweet chili sauce, lobster noodles, etc.
- Address: 21-24 Cockspur St, St. James’s, London SW1Y 5BN, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (11:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.); Friday (11:45 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.), Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Charring Cross (4-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: The British Museum, Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery
#7. Blacklock Soho
The atmosphere of this restaurant is a killer, and so is the food of this place. You can taste the best steak here with excellent cuts and juicy meat.
Besides the fantastic food, you can find an outstanding range of cocktails and wine over there to accompany your meal.
You can have a great experience of lunch and dinner at this place. Besides steak, Blacklock Soho is the perfect destination for chops. You should try skinny chops, like lamb cutlet, beef rump, pork loin and belly, and so on.
- Address: 24 Great Windmill St, Soho, London W1D 7LG, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.), Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.), Sunday (12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Piccadilly Circus (4-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Chinatown Gate, Leicester Square, St. James’s Park
#8. Bleeding Heart
There is an irony that is associated with this restaurant in Central London. Though the name is a bit misleading, it is actually one of the most romantic restaurants in London! The atmosphere of this London is set in the early periods of French, and they also serve French cuisine.
There is history linked with this restaurant as it was named after the seventeenth-century beauty Lady Elizabeth Hatton, who was murdered.
Don’t get upset with the news! Instead, concentrate on the exquisite menu of foods and the best wines. Besides food, what will enchant you is the wooden interior that will take you to Medieval France.
- Address: 3 Bleeding Heart Yard, Holborn, London EC1N 8SJ, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Farringdon (3-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: London Eye, London Bridge, St. Etheldreda’s R C Church
So these are the best restaurants in Central London where you can have the most fantastic dining experience that you will remember forever. When you are visiting the city, you will surely visit the places of attraction, but along with that, you can also make memories from these outstanding food places in this city.